Mission - Teamwork

Commitment to Mission

1 Corinthians 3:6 - I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.

When we read about the apostle Paul we could be tempted to think he was God's army of one. But nothing could be further from the truth. Paul knew that he couldn't carry out the mission alone so he partnered with fellow workers in every place he visited.

In today's verse, Paul tells us that he planted with the break-in of the gospel. Apollos watered by teaching, nurturing and caring for the believers. But the most important partner, God, gave the growth.

Any work in mission (local or global) requires partnership. No man or woman can do it alone. Let me give you an example:

If one of us preaches in Staines, who is going to give out tracts and engage with people who have listened? Or do we go alone and let people walk off without listening to them, encouraging them and inviting them to church or another time to meet? It can't be done with a team of one... and the same goes for all ministry activity.

We are partners together in the gospel and I have a question for you. What team has God put you on?

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians 1:1-6

Prayer: Father, thank you for brothers and sisters partnering together for the gospel. Lord, as we form relationships in the church may they spill over into gospel outreach. Let us stand together for the gospel. Amen.

Dan Watson - Pastor / Elder - Staines Baptist Church

30th January 2020