Mission - Grows

Commitment to Mission

Acts 1:8b - you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

I know in the last few devotionals we have focused on local mission and that's right and good. But it's only half the story. In today's verse, we see the Lord say you will be my witnesses first in Jerusalem then outwards to all Judea, then outwards again to Samaria, then to the end of the earth. He expects geographical expansion.

Yesterday we looked at our Jerusalem which is Staines, our closest town. Our Judea is a bit further afield. Oliver going to Yeldall Manor to proclaim Christ as the way to beat drug addiction, Jon volunteering at Grace Baptist Mission's summer camp are two of the people at Staines Baptist branching out, and I think it's great.

People have come through the church before my time. A young couple who ended up going to Ukraine to work with disadvantaged youth, now they are at work in Moscow for Jesus. There is Samaria.

We have a partnership with Tribal Transformation India where John and Pauline have made visits. There are the ends of the earth.

There is a natural outward flow to mission because God is God of all the earth! If you feel that call to branch out further afield than Staines you will know. God will open doors and place a burden in your heart that won't go away. As a church we want to support all mission near and far, so let us know what the Lord is leading you too.

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 1:6-11

Prayer: Father, we understand the importance of local mission, but we pray you increase our faith to expand wider. Lord, please bring us into contact with people we can partner with from far places so the gospel will spread. Amen.

Dan Watson - Pastor / Elder - Staines Baptist Church

26th January 2020