Mission - In Staines

Commitment to Mission

John 20:21 - Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you."

A 2011 census of Staines puts the immediate population at circa 8000, so maybe a few more thousand by now. Of these people, we have 55.10% people identifying as Christian, and to be honest, I don't believe it. People who identify as Christian do not represent the true number of born-again evangelical Christians, unfortunately, the true number of Christians will be much, much lower.

Either way, there are thousands of people in Staines who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ. You walk past them every day, you see their faces and know a few of them by name. Please remember the words of John when you see them:

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

As a church, our primary missional focus is the local community... the town of Staines. It's your duty and our duty corporately to reach them with the gospel! As the Father sent Jesus, now Jesus is sending you/us.

As a church, we have a bunch of missional activities so we can reach the lost people of Staines.

• Seedlings Toddler Group / Bible Study For The Parents
  • Market Mission
  • Street Preaching
  • Moore House Old Peoples Home Visits
  • Town Chaplaincy
  • Sunday Services, Church In The Park

All of these are designed in order that people hear the gospel, so they may have life in Jesus. I understand that everybody is gifted differently within the church, so I am reaching out to you. What has the Lord laid on your heart to reach the people of Staines? For some, it's going to be outside the list of current ministries, and we would love to know what that looks like and support you. For others, it will be a new commitment to get outside of your comfort zones and jump into one of the above.

I have known great joy and blessings serving Jesus in Staines. It's a place where we really see the Lord work. I want you to be part of this great blessing.

Daily Bible Reading: John 20:19-23

Prayer: Father, we want to follow you in your pursuit of people, knowing you don't want any of them to perish. We pray for a stirring inside of us to go and reach the people of Staines with greater urgency than ever before. Lord, may we be bold in letting people know about Jesus in our town. Amen.

Dan Watson - Pastor / Elder - Staines Baptist Church

25th January 2020