Mission - For Me?

Commitment to Mission

John 17:18 - "As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world."

When we hear the words mission or missionary it may cause you to think of a special class of Christian who travels to the remotest jungles to spread the gospel. Scrap that, it's a narrow view! You are all missionaries for Jesus.

A missionary's purpose is to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to people who are harassed and helpless. To people who are like sheep without a Shepherd, the Good Shepherd Jesus Christ.

Being a missionary does not always mean vast distances being travelled for the gospel. It starts with the first person you can think of who doesn't know the Lord Jesus. You then go and tell them about the Lord. This act of going by definition makes you a missionary!

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:19

If you are someone who struggles with shyness or finding the words to say, come and speak to us. We are here for you and want to equip you to share your faith. It may be as simple as giving a friend a tract (which we can give you) or even posting it through their letterbox.

To answer the question. Is mission for me? If you a Christian the answer is a resounding yes. Jesus commands it and he has sent you!

Daily Bible Reading: John 17:11-19

Prayer: Lord, we need help to proclaim Your message. We need boldness, courage and the words to say. We ask in the name of Jesus you would give us all these things. Amen.

Dan Watson - Pastor / Elder - Staines Baptist Church

21st January 2020