Follow Jesus - Into Heaven

Commitment to Christ

Revelation 21:21 - And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

If you have put your trust in Jesus sacrifice on the cross, death will not touch you. You will live forever. As soon as your eyes close to this life they will open again to a whole new life, and you will see the Lord Jesus face to face.

"Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live," - John 11:25.

Gates made of pearls, tarmac of pure gold, no more crying, no more pain, no more sickness, no more death and no more mourning! These are just a few ways this place we know as heaven is very different from the here and now.

But the best things about heaven... Jesus! We get to be with Him. All our longings in this life to serve and worship Him will become a more tangible reality. As the apostle Paul said "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face." - 1 Corinthians 13:12

Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, Revelation 5:11

There will be thousands and thousands of angels, the cherubim, the seraphim, and a great multitude of people that no one can number. And guess what they are all doing?! Singing songs of praise to the Lamb who was slain Jesus!

I want to be there with you! Standing side by side singing out "Worthy is the lamb that was slain" in the presence of the Lord Jesus.

It's not going to happen without trusting Jesus. Commit to the fullness of Jesus Christ and receive your reward.

Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 21

Prayer: Thank you Father for Jesus, without His sacrifice on the cross we would have no expectation of life eternal. Thank you for the glimpses of heaven you have revealed to us in your word. Lord we look forwards to a time when we dwell in this place and get to be with you! Amen.

Dan Watson - Pastor / Elder - Staines Baptist Church

10th January 2020